Project Background and Goals
In the project carried out by DHMI, a software has been developed that can collect the data under one roof, access it in the fastest and shortest time, and detect and intervene any errors that may occur. This structure was signed in 2010 by DHMI in partnership with Başarsoft and Efes Defence Systems.
In 2010, Esenboğa Airport’s field work was carried out and infrastructure data were digitized. In 2011, as a continuation of the project, the infrastructure and superstructure data of Erzurum, Antalya and Esenboğa (superstructure data) airports were digitized and transformed and smart maps. In addition to querying and analyzing the information created in the GIS environment, data entry was also designed to keep the system up-to-date.
As a result of the pilot studies conducted with MapInfo, it was concluded that the most suitable configuration for the whole of Turkey is the establishment of a MapInfo – based GIS system in a centralized structure.
Result Obtained to Date
- • By collecting the infrastructure and superstructure inventories of the airports within the scope of the project under a common roof, it is possible to access information of all airports through software.
- • Existing data can be digitized and the non-existent ones can be collected by radar and GPS from the field and integrated into desktop and web-based software, and operations such as querying, updating and analysis can be performed on the data in a faster and shorter time.
- • In infrastructure works, the locations, properties and relations of all infrastructure elements within the airport border can be reached.
- • Multiple users can log in at the same time on a server, and data entry and edits can be made through the applications.
- • Spatial Information System enables new planning to be made in the future.